JDog Stats

Skip to Content
< Back

If you have a question that you feel might be of general interest, please submit it via e-mail to info@lwwa.org 

I'm a new Member - what do I need to do?
New owners and new tenants must come to Member Services for an orientation and to complete required documents and pay any fees. Your information will be processed, and you will receive your Security ID Number. At which point Property Owners can get up to four (4) free Key Cards and/or Vehicle Decals for Security Gate access. Tenants named on the Lease can get up to two (2) free Key Cards and/or Vehicle Decals for Security Gate access. Vehicle Decals can be obtained at the Security Gates within 24 hours, once you receive your Security ID Number and if weather conditions are favorable. If you are unable to receive a vehicle decal due to unfavorable conditions, you should use the guest lane to enter and provide your name to the guard at the gate until you can get your vehicle decal. Please call the Member Services Office to set up you New Member appointment (530) 432-1152. Regular hours are M-F from 9 a.m. - Noon, and 1-5 p.m.

If I decide to rent out my property, what do I need to do?
You need to notify Member Services whenever there is a change to the occupants and provide as much information as possible regarding your tenants. As the owner of the property please remember:
  • Member Services requires a copy of every lease for tenants. Paperwork processing and Security identification numbers for Security access will not be assigned until new lease is submitted to Administration. All Tenants are required to visit Member Services for a short orientation and obtain Security ID cards.
  • Tenants who are moving out must come in Member Services to check out and fill out paperwork to receive their refundable deposit, assuming the Tenant has no outstanding/unpaid Security violations. Should there be outstanding fees due the deposit will be forfeited to pay said fees.
  • As the owner of the property please remember that you are responsible for the tenant in all cases i.e., unpaid security violation fines, member complaints, etc.
  • Please note that short-term rentals of less than 30 days are not allowed in Lake Wildwood. A Member to Member exception is available for property owners to rent from each other only. No advertising on the internet is allowed. More information is available in Association, including fees associated with these transactions.

What are the fees for new Members?
  • New purchase transactions are required to pay the following: Transfer Fee, Environmental Management Inspection Fee, and a Homeowner Association Document Fee. These fees are paid through escrow (see Fee Schedule).
  • Tenants pay a refundable deposit per household (see the current Fee Schedule).
  • Property Owner with Tenants is required to pay a non-refundable processing fee for every new lease submitted, and a rental owner deposit – which is refundable (see Fee Schedule).
Link to Fee Schedule

How do I add a family member/person living with me on my property, or remove someone from my property?
Member Services has a form that will need to be completed by the property owner. Once added, if qualified, the person living in the house with the Owner can get a decal for their car if the Lot maximum has not been met. If removing someone from your resident list, they will no longer have access to the community.

How can I look up rules and regulations and view the Governing Documents?
The Governing Documents are on our website. Using the drop down menu choose Association, then select View Governing Documents or click here.

I would like to offer a seminar/class to your community members, is this allowed?
Commercial endeavors of any type (aside from Association business) are prohibited within Lake Wildwood. Venues are not available for rent for commercial purposes. If you would like to offer a seminar, please contact the Community Relations Committee to see if this falls in line with something the Committee would like to sponsor, you may email your request to info@lwwa.org, Attention: CRC.

How do I schedule usage of a community venue like meeting rooms in the Community Center or Clubhouse or use of the Community Parks?
Usage of the Parks and Community Center is scheduled by the Recreation Department at the Community Center, (530) 432-3260. Usage of The Oaks Clubhouse rooms is scheduled by the Catering & Event Manager, (530) 432-1154.

How do I contact the Board of Directors?
Correspondence to the Board may be emailed to board@lwwa.org or mailed to Board of Directors, Lake Wildwood Association, 11255 Cottontail Way, Penn Valley, CA 95946.

How do I join a Committee?
Committee openings are advertised in the weekly eBits newsletter. We encourage our members who want to make a difference in the Community to join a Committee. If you are interested in applying for a Committee, applications are available on the Website in the Committee section, or into Member Services. Voting members must be Lake Wildwood property owners in good standing and can only be a voting member of one Committee at a time. If you have questions, please email info@lwwa.org.

How do I join a Club?
Lake Wildwood has a variety of Clubs which give our Members an opportunity to meet people with similar interests and participate in activities. Club information, along with the contact information for each Club, can be found on our Member's website under Clubs

What does it mean to be in good standing?
Good standing is being current on all Assessments and not delinquent on any fees, fines, or payments.