Is there handicap access to the course and how does it work?
Rule R-7.10.35 of the Lake Wildwood Governing Documents as of 09/23/03
Subject:Use of the Course by Handicapped Players
Purpose: To establish guidelines and restrictions for use of golf carts on the course by handicapped players.
- 1. Applications for handicapped player permits shall be filed annually with the Golf Pro Shop.
- 2. The Board of Directors shall retain the right to rescind the use of a handicapped player permit with proper cause.
- 3. A verification issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles shall be the only acceptable verification of disability.
- 4. Handicapped players shall display a distinguishing flag, supplied by the Association on their carts at all times while playing. Said flag shall be visible from a distance of 100 yards in all directions.
- 5. The handicapped player cart rules shall only apply to the handicapped individual(s), not to passengers without a Handicapped Player Permit.
- 6. When conditions dictate, as determined by the Golf Course Superintendent or Golf Professional in his/her absence, handicapped player golf cart users may be required to stay on the cart path at all times, with no exceptions.
- 7. All holes shall be prohibited to handicapped player carts when the red flag is flying.The following holes are prohibited to handicapped player carts when the red and white flag is flying:
- a. Hole 1Par 3's (3, 9, and 16)
- b. Hole 4 from the tee to the rise beyond the bridge
- c. Hole 8 from the creek to the green
- d. Hole 14 from the creek to the greenIndividual holes as directed by temporary signage on the golf course.
- 8. The following holes are prohibited to handicapped player carts when the green flag is flying:
- a. Hole 8 from the creek to the green
- b. Hole 9
- c. Hole 14 from the creek to the green.
- 9. When conditions are suitable, the Golf Professional/Golf Course Superintendent may authorize carts displaying handicapped player flags on appropriate holes listed above.
- 10. Individual holes as directed by temporary signage on the golf course.
- 11. Carts displaying the handicapped player flag are authorized to approach #4 tee from the maintenance path behind the tee.
- 12. Handicapped players shall abide by all provisions of R-7.10.30 and R-7.10.35.
- 13. Persons possessing a Handicapped Player Permit and flag shall surrender them to the Association when Department of Motor Vehicles authorization no longer applies.
- 14. Carts displaying a handicap flag shall not operate closer than 30 feet (10yds) of a green or green side bunker.