What is the proper way to store gasoline?
- Use only approved metal or plastic gasoline containers.
- Do not store containers in a vehicle or a living space.
- Store containers in well-ventilated areas
- Keep containers away from flames, pilot lights, stoves, heaters electric motors and other sources of ignition. Vapors can be ignited by a spark or flame source many feet away.
- Keep containers closed
- Don’t smoke near gas containers
- Keep containers out of reach of children
The biggest issue is fumes escaping the container. The liquid itself is stable. If the temperature goes up so does the off gassing, which is what produces the vapors.